REQUIREMENTS: PhD in Marine Sciences or equivalent.
Expert in ecological analysis of benthic communities of marine organisms, experience in deep diving techniques, experience in farming techniques for corals and other marine species.
OTHER SKILLS TO BE VALUED:
Ability to work in a team, languages (English and French), work experience in coordinating research projects on marine biota, experience in organizing marine scientific expeditions.
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Temporary, until the date of the project's execution period. Full-time (37.5 h/week).
SALARY: 2.114,22 € in accordance with the ULPGC remuneration table.
WORK LOCATIONS: Instituto Univ. ECOAQUA, Parque Científico Tecnológico Marino de la ULPGC, Crta. Taliarte s/n, 35214 Telde.
1. Sampling in brown algal forests, marine phanerogams and deep-sea corals.
2. Sampling in sediments associated with the habitats and benthic communities included in the project.
3. Analysis of biological parameters, both for morphological and molecular identification of the organisms sampled.
4. Collection of water samples and biological substrates associated with the habitats and benthic communities included in the project.
5. Production of scientific publications with the main results achieved.
Total score: 10
- Evaluation of all the merits associated with the CV. (8 points)
- Research projects on marine biology topics. (As PI: 0.5 point / project. As a researcher: 0.25 points / project Scientific)
- Scientific publications (Q1: 0.5 points publication. Q2 or lower: 0.25 points publication.)
- Deep scientific diving qualification. (1 point)
- Cultivation techniques of marine species Corals. (1 point)
Other species: (0.25 points / species)
English (B2 or equivalent). (1 point)
French (B2 or equivalent). (1 point)
Portuguese (B1 or equivalent). (0.5 points)
- Organization of scientific expeditions. (0.25 points / expedition)
- An interview may be conducted for candidates who exceed the score of 7.5 points.
- Value of the interview. (up to 2 points)
Curriculum vitae and supporting documents
Place: Those interested in the contract should send an email to the official mail of the IU-ECOAQUA, email@example.com
Deadline: 10 working days from the publication on the ULPGC website. The start date is 24/01/2023 and the end date is 06/02/2023.